Thomas Cook Airline UK and IAGO, in partnership, are offering an exciting and innovative new opportunity for (f)ATPL holders of all experience and backgrounds to become First Officers for the airline through the Platinum Pilot Scheme.
This new scheme removes the ‘pay-to-fly’ element as there are no requirements to self-sponsor or guarantee any training loans or costs. To the right candidates, Thomas Cook are offering a type-conversion on to the Airbus A320, leading to a conditional employment offer with the UK airline section of the global leisure carrier.
IAGO will provide the successful candidates with a fully integrated, airline-ready conversion to enable a seamless transition to the Thomas Cook First Officer role.
What they are looking for:
- Non type–rated individuals who aspire to reach the highest professional flight crew standards and performance levels
- Individuals with high levels of self-motivation, customer focus and commercial awareness
- Safety lead, self aware individuals possessing strong latent flying capabilities
Who can apply?
To be eligible you will need:
- An (F)ATPL/IR or ATPL/IR with Class 1 Medical Certificate
- Have at least 70 hours as pilot-in-command of Aeroplanes (for the Platinum Cadet scheme) or > 1500 hours total time and 500 hours multi-crew or military experience (for the Platinum Star scheme)
- Have a valid multi-engine instrument rating (aeroplanes) within the last 5 years from the date of expiry of the rating. Only required for initial MPA course
- Hold a certificate of satisfactory completion of multi-crew co-operation course; or present a copy of the Multi Crew Co-operation Course credit certificate. This requirement is for the first MPA type only
- Be fluent in English (verbal and written Level 5 or 6)
- Ability to produce a Criminal Record Check (CRC) Basic Disclosure Certificate
- If you have you been out of the UK for a continuous period exceeding 6 months in the last 5 years, be able to easily obtain a CRC for those countries lived in over that period
- The unrestricted right to live in the European Economic Area
- Aged 18 or over
What is included?
An enhanced Type conversion course on the Airbus A320 aircraft leading to guaranteed employment with Thomas Cook Airlines UK*
- Extended Type Rating conversion course fully aligned to Thomas Cook Airlines UK operating procedures
- Aircraft Training (required for licence endorsement)
- Line Training
- Conditional First Officer contract*
* Conditional upon successful completion of the Training Course
No upfront funding required. A small charge for the recruitment process will apply.
No bank loans. No credit checks. No remortgaging.
- IAGO pay upfront for the Type Rating
- Thomas Cook Airlines UK pay upfront for the Aircraft Training (1)
- Thomas Cook Airlines UK pay upfront for the Line Training (1)
British Airways announces Cadet Pilot ProgrammeBritish Airways today announced the opening of their 2017/18...
Aer Lingus launch biggest ever pilot recruitment driveAer Lingus have today launched their biggest ever pilot...
UK Airline Jet2.com announces major recruitment driveShare Leading leisure airline Jet2.com has announced a major...