Today, 13th March 2017, OSM Aviation and Flight Training Europe (FTE) Jerez announced their all-new ‘Mentored Airline Pilot Scheme’ to provide trained pilots to Norwegian Airlines.
The ‘Mentored Airline Pilot Scheme’ which has been established at FTEJerez for some time now, is a programme designed to partner low-hour entry pilots to partner airlines. This is a unique opportunity for the right candidates to be involved in a fast-paced, ever expanding, hi-tech airline, with significant opportunites for promotions and career progression
OSM supplies crew for Norwegian Airlines, which mainly operates the Boeing 737-800 aircraft at present, with a large number of Boeing 737MAX aircraft on order.
The scheme is looking for very high-calibre candidates who are highly motivated and are keen to work for a large European Airline. You must have the following:
- Minimum English Level 4 ICAO Certificate
- Native proficiency in either Spanish or Italian
- Secondary Education Diploma, or be on track to acheive it no later than October 2017
- (Bachillerato, Muturita or equivalent)
- For UK candidates you must have achieved a minimum of 2 A-Level passes, Grade C or above)
- For UK candidates you must have 5 GCSE passes including Maths, English and a Science Subject at C or above
- The right to live and work in the EU
If successful, you will have to fund FTE’s ATPL programme.
The price for this course at present is € 116,000 (~£101,200 @ 13/03/2017)
The price above includes the following items:
- Accommodation and Full Board
- Full uniform (except shoes)
- 1st attempt, ground and flying EASA exams
- Renewal of the EASA Class One Medical
- All training material
- Landing and navigation fees
- Free Internet access
- No additional accommodation charge in the unlikely event of delay in training due to adverse weather
Successful candidates will upon completion of the course, have to fund the Norwegian Boeing 737 Type Rating at a current cost of €22,400(~£19,500 @ 13/03/2017)
This brings the total course cost at completion to €138,400 which is £120,700 (@ 13/03/2017)
FTEJerez have stated they can assist with advice on finance options.
The application portal is NOW OPEN and will remain open until 26th of March 2017. When you apply you will be required to create a username and password, you will then have access to a personal Candidate Area, this is where you can complete your application at your own leisure.
Should you meet initial criteria you will be forwarded, via email, indications to access a series of questions that must be answered from your Candidate Area within the specified period.
Should you be successful in progressing to the next phase, you will then be required to travel, at your own cost to FTEJerez’s campus in Jerez de la Frontera in Spain. This is a one-day selection and is currently planned to take place between the 8th and 11th May 2017.