L3 Airline Academy, formerly CTC Aviation has today announced a renewed partnership with UK-based carrier Flybe, to provide pilots for their Dash-8 Q400 aircraft throughout their UK bases.
MPL in partnership with Flybe
Selected and mentored by Flybe from day one, the L3 MPL in partnership with Flybe will take you directly to the role of First Officer on Dash-8 Q400 aircraft, flying regional routes across Europe.
Renowned for offering their pilots unrivaled and rapid career progression opportunities, Flybe is seeking driven, aspiring aviators to be part of its ambitious vision for European expansion.
Throughout your training you will join fellow trainee airline pilots to experience the skies in spectacular parts of the world, as well as sharing adventures and making friendships that will last a lifetime.
• Fully mentored Airline Pilot Career Program from L3 in partnership with Flybe
• Employment as a Co-Pilot with Flybe on completion of training
• Provision of ‘Performance Protection’
• Option to include a BSc (Hons) Degree in Professional Aviation Pilot Practice
• Training on the latest-generation aircraft and simulators
Successful graduation from this route will provide you with:
• A Multi-crew Pilot License on Dash-8 Q400 aircraft
• MPL/ATPL Theoretical Knowledge and examination passes
• Dash-8 Q400 Aircraft Type Rating
• Flybe employment as a First Officer
Based at either Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast, Birmingham, Exeter, Southampton, Cardiff, Doncaster-Shefﬁeld or Manchester upon graduation, you will join a dedicated crew, ﬂying on the airline’s high-frequency services across routes between UK and European airports.
Flybe’s fleet comprises E-jet aircraft, ATR 72 aircraft and Bombardier Dash 8 Q400 turboprops – successful completion of this route will equip you with a Dash 8 Q400 Type Rating.
What your career at Flybe could look like:
• Progression to Command within four years
• Move from turbo-prop to jet aircraft
• Become a trainer or join the Flybe management team
• Employee rewards including Private Medical Insurance, Competitive pension scheme and staff travel.
Application & Selection
To apply for this Airline Pilot Career Program, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be at least 18 years of age to commence training
- Have the unrestricted right to live and work in the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland*
- Hold a minimum of 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) at Grade C or above including Maths, English and a Science (single or dual award)
Either 2 A Levels or academic equivalents at Grade C or above OR an Honours Degree at 2:2 or higher (also acceptable will be higher degrees such as Masters or Doctorate). Also acceptable are vocational equivalents**
- Be fluent in English (verbal and written)***
- Produce a CRC (Criminal Record Check) basic disclosure certificate before training can commence
- Minimum height 5 ft 2 in (157 cm) maximum height 6 ft 3 in (191 cm)
- Be able to obtain an EASA Class 1 Medical without restrictions prior to commencement of training
Please be aware that L3 will not be accepting applications from those who have applied unsuccessfully to other approved training providers of MPL training programs in partnership with Flybe. You may be eligible for their L3 CTS Integrated ATPL Airline Pilot Career Program.
If this is the case or you do not meet the entry criteria you may be eligible to apply for L3 CTS’s Integrated ATPL Airline Pilot Career Program – applications are open all year round.
*Please be aware that a work/study visa does not satisfy this requirement, applicants are required to be a citizen of a country within the European Economic Area (EEA) or hold a passport from one of the countries belonging to the EEA.
**see naric.org.uk for international academic comparisons
*** For non-native English speakers, you will be required to present a certificate prior to training commencement demonstrating you have achieved International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Level 5.5 overall, with no less than 5.5 in any individual area (Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking). This must be the Academic test, not General Training.
Thomas Cook Mentored Airline Pilot Scheme 2018Applications yesterday opened for FTEJerez’s ‘Thomas Cook Mentored Airline...
Thomas Cook announce new Cadet Programme & Scholarship for Female PilotsThomas Cook Airlines along with training school FTEJerez have...
Ryanair introduce Sponsored Cadet ProgrammeCAE on behalf of Ryanair today announced the launch...