Flybe announce new partnership with CTC Wings

CTC and Flybe have this to say on their website:

CTC Aviation is delighted to announce a new pilot training partnership with Flybe – “Flybe Wings” to be launched at the ‘Flyer’ Professional Flight Training Exhibition at Heathrow (UK) on 28 April 2012.

This new partnership is a fantastic, part-sponsored opportunity for aspiring Flybe pilots mirroring the standards already established by Flybe and our world renown “CTC Wings” programme. “Flybe Wings” will offer successful applicants an opportunity to complete full time, integrated basic and intermediate training at CTC’s Crew Training Centres in the United Kingdom and New Zealand before moving on to complete the Q400 ‘Type Rating’ training at the Flybe Training Academy in Exeter (UK) and then flying the line as a Flybe Q400 First Officer.

“Flybe and CTC share the same philosophy when it comes to ab-initio training.  Both companies are equally determined to ensure that tomorrow’s pilots are offered the very best, airline-focused training.  We have agreed a financial package for those applicants that meet the high standards both CTC and Flybe expect and we are delighted to once again be in a position to offer yet more aspiring pilots a great start to their careers.” Ian Baston, Director of Flight Operations, Flybe

The application window is open for a short time only so be sure to apply between Monday April 30th and Monday May 14th 2012 to be eligible for consideration for the first “Flybe Wings” course.


  • Be at least 17 years of age (you must be 18 prior to the completion of your CPL)
  • Have the unrestricted right to live and work in the EEA and Switzerland*
  • Be able to demonstrate that you have successfully completed secondary or high school education
  • Be fluent in English (verbal and written)
  • Produce a CRC (Criminal Record Check) Basic Disclosure Certificate before training can commence
  • Be able pass a UK CAA Class 1 medical examination prior to commencement of training (Class 1 medical certificates issued by a EASA member state may qualify – please refer to the CAA website)
  • Satisfy any immigration requirements for residential flight training in New Zealand and the United Kingdom

Related Articles

Please wait...

Subscribe to our newsletter!

Sign up for all the latest news direct to your inbox