Aer Lingus have today launched their biggest ever pilot recruitment drive with up to 100 direct entry pilot positions available at their Dublin base.
This is what their recruitment website has to say:
Essential criteria for application
- A valid EASA issued ATPL (or frozen ATPL)
- A current ME/IR
- MCC qualification
- EASA Class 1 Medical certificate
- Provide 2 verifiable references
- English Language Proficiency level 5 or higher
- Permanently eligible to live and work in the EU with an unrestricted worldwide passport.
- Able to pass a strict airport security vetting procedure
- Possession and demonstration of the key competencies outlined below
Key Competencies include
- Highly motivated and keen to take responsibility and accountability
- Strong leadership potential with well developed teamwork skills
- Excellent communication skills – fluent in English, spoken and written
- Proven Interpersonal skills that fit with the Aer Lingus value
- A broad awareness of our customers’ expectations
- Flexible and adaptable with an enthusiastic and positive attitude to change
- An understanding of a pilot’s influence on commercial priorities
- A Safety focus consistent with our ‘Just Culture’ model
- Applicants who hold a current Airbus type-rating
- Multi-crew commercial experience or 500 hours
There are some minimum standards that everyone needs to pass to secure a job as a Pilot with us:
- You must have the right to live and work in the location you wish to work without sponsorship from Aer Lingus. We will ask you for proof of your eligibility to work if you are selected for an interview.
- Pilots will need to hold a valid passport that allows unrestricted travel worldwide travel
- You will need to pass our security clearance procedure.
- You must be in procession of an EASA Class 1 Medical certificate and ATPL
Your application form and Curriculum Vitae
Please take the time to fill them in correctly. Remember this is your formal introduction to Aer Lingus. Always remember to showcase your strengths and abilities. Please ensure that your work experience and contact details are up to date.
We do not accept applications by email, post or telephone unless you have special requirements.
Don’t forget to fill in all the screens, and attach an up-to-date CV with your current contact details. You will receive an automatic acknowledgement when we receive your application.
The Recruitment Process
Tests and assessments
We use a number of tests and assessments we believe they can help us predict your suitability for the job you are applying for. From spelling tests to flight simulators, these may be available on-line for you to do at home, or may require you to come to us. If you do need to do any tests or assessments we will give you plenty of information about how to approach them.
If you are selected, we will invite you to an assessment centre in Dublin. During the day there will be a number of exercises including group, panel discussions and interviews. You will be fully briefed about the requirements. This is your opportunity to tell us about your skills, experience and motivation, and give us examples of how you have demonstrated these aspects of yourself in the past. It’s also a great opportunity to find out more about life with Aer Lingus and the job you are applying for. Following this you will be advised if you are being progressed to the simulator assessment in the following days.
Shamrock House (Aer Lingus Head Office Building) at Dublin Airport is located before Terminal 2 when entering the airport form the old airport road.
If you require any special assistance with your application, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know how we can help.
Security Clearance Procedure, References and Medical Checks
There are some important things that you’ll need to know if you are considering a career with us. Aer Lingus operates in security controlled environments. This includes our bases in Dublin and Cork Airports. All Aer Lingus employees must obtain Airport Access Permits for the airport they are based in. In order to obtain the Access Permit there are a number of things that you must do.
Your safety and the safety of our passengers is our responsibility. As part of your recruitment process we will check the following:
- Five year background check: You will need to be able to recall where you have been working, studying and living during that time. We will then confirm the details provided by you through our People Check system for the last five years.
- Ability to provide Evidence of Criminal Reference Checks: you will be responsible for providing police certs for any country you have lived in for six months or more after the age 18 (excluding Ireland as we will apply for Irish vetting on your behalf) if applicable, see note below, certs must be dated within the last 6 months)
- Garda Vetting Form and proof of address: (must be dated within the last six months)
- Verbal References: We will check your application with the 2 verbal references you supply on application to include recent employers and education establishments.
- Qualifications and licenses: We will check any qualifications or licenses that we believe are important for the job you are applying for.
- Medical: You will be required to complete a medical questionnaire, and attend a medical at a local doctor’s practice (at our expense). This will require you declaring sensitive medical information about yourself.
If you are unable to pass our security checks, we will withdraw your offer of employment.
Before your Assessment Centre or Interview
If you are called to an assessment centre with Aer Lingus you must start gathering the following information for the Aer Lingus Recruitment Team:
- Information to provide a five year background check
- Ability to provide Evidence of Criminal Reference Checks
- Garda Vetting Form and proof of address
The checking system is on-line and the Aer Lingus recruitment team will send an email with a consent form, login and password for a link to our background checking system.
Once you receive an invitation to the assessment centre in Dublin we will advise you on the documents you are required to bring.
This will be sent from email@example.com. Please ensure this mail will not end up in your junk or spam folder.
Note: Garda vetting forms are issued by the Garda Síochana and are not available online.
Keeping You Informed
We will advise you on the status of your application as you progress through the recruitment stages. If we need you to do anything we will contact you by email please keep an eye on your junk folder as in the past some mails have been found there. Also if the message is urgent we will contact you by phone, so keep checking the email address that you provided for us on your application form. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need any additional help along the way.
We keep your details on file for 12 months, so even if you are not successful for the vacancy applied for, we may contact you if a similar or different vacancy arises that we think you may be suited to.
|Pilots start on a renumeration package of approximately:|
|Airbus Type Rated||€72,000*|
|Non-Airbus Type Rated||€59,000*|
*This includes average variable flight associated pay of approximately €18,000
Other benefits include:
- Contributory Pension scheme (21% contribution from Aer Lingus plus 11% employee contribution)
- Attractive annual leave 34 days including public holidays
- Extensive concession Staff Travel for you and your loved ones offering opportunities to see the world after only 6 months service!
How to apply:
Global Commercial Pilot Shortage. Is It Real?We’ve all heard it recently, in fact, industry ‘experts’...
TUI Open Low-Hour Pilot RecruitmentTUI Airways (formerly Thomson UK) have opened up an...
Virtual Aviation To Host Jet2.com Pilot Apprentice Open DayVirtual Aviation have teamed up with Jet2.com to host...