Irish Flag Carrier Aer Lingus have this week announced their 2016 Cadet Pilot Training Programme. The scheme will last only 14 months with a large portion of the training taking place at Aer Lingus’ chosen Flight Training Organisation, FTE Jerez in Spain.
Aer Lingus is excited to announce the launch of its 2016 Cadet Pilot Training Programme.
This is an exceptional opportunity to train and qualify as a commercial pilot, and could be your starting point for a rewarding career with us.
To ensure that we can select the very best candidates for our Cadet Pilot Training Programme we are committing to funding the training required to qualify the successful candidates to fly our A320 aircraft on our short haul network.
We will also provide a structured mentoring programme over the duration of the programme. This will involve regular contact with our Cadet Liaison Pilot, who will oversee your progress and provide advice and guidance throughout the training.
As a prospective Aer Lingus trainee pilot you should have a technical aptitude and display maturity, commitment, flexibility, motivation and a willingness to accept responsibility. Excellent communication, interpersonal, problem-solving and teamwork skills are essential qualities combined with a good appreciation of our guests’ expectations.
To qualify to fly a commercial aircraft, such as the Airbus A320, you have to undergo a challenging and intensive training programme.
Training LocationThe training will take place at Flight Training Europe in Jerez, Spain. Opportunities for travel home during the programme will be limited.
The ProgrammeThe initial training programme in FTE, will lead to the granting of a Commercial Pilots Licence with Multi Engine Instrument Rating. It is a very intensive programme and involves a significant amount of additional study. Time off from the programme is limited to set times during the programme. These will be outlined at a later stage in the recruitment process. The training programme will commence in January 2016.
The DurationThe training programme takes approximately 14 months to complete and consists of a number of phases, involving classroom study and flight training.
Post Qualification from Flight Training
When you have qualified from the flight school you will be scheduled for the Airbus A320 type rating programme. The timing of these programmes will be subject to pilot crewing demands. The programme comprises of computer based training and simulator exercises, to ensure you have a high standard of proficiency to qualify you to fly the aircraft.
BasesWe have pilots located at a number of bases in Ireland. When qualified, you may be offered a position at any one of our bases.
Career ProspectsIn Aer Lingus, we encourage development and progression in everyone’s career.
You will start your career on the A320 flying across Europe to our many destinations.
During your career, there may be opportunities to move on to our longhaul fleet operating on our transatlantic network.
There are also opportunities to become an Instructor as your experience develops or to work on projects within Flight Operations. Ultimately, as an Aer Lingus pilot you will have the opportunity to achieve promotion to Captain.
We hope this information has been helpful, and wish you every success with your application.
For further information and to apply please use the link below:
- You must be 18 years of age on or before the 1st January 2016
- You must be fluent in English, both verbal and written
- You must be eligible to live and work permanently in the EU and possess an unrestricted worldwide passport
- You must be able to pass a strict airport security vetting procedure which includes a 5 year background check*
- You must be able to provide two verifiable references
- You must be able to obtain an EASA / IAA issued Class 1 Medical, including successfully passing a colour blindness test. Please refer to www.iaa.ie prior to application to ensure you can meet all medical requirements in line with eyesight/colour blindness limitations
*If you are a not an Irish citizen, you must be in possession of a current police disclosure certificate from your home country
*If you have resided outside the Republic of Ireland for more than 6 months you will also require a current police disclosure certificate from that country/countries
- You must hold a Leaving Certificate or equivalent* with a minimum of 6 subjects, Grade D3 or higher at any level which must include the following:
- English and Mathematics minimum grade C3 in ordinary level or Grade D3 in higher level
- Two higher level subjects at a minimum grade C3
*Equivalent grades are as follows:
GCSE Maths and English must be minimum of grade C plus
3 A Levels taken at A2 level in any subject with minimum grades C,C,D
Where the minimum Leaving Certificate or equivalent grades have not been met, youmust
- Have attained a 3rd level degree in any discipline with a minimum grade of 2.2
- Have completed an Aviation related apprenticeship
Key Competencies / Skill required
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong communicator who acts with integrity
- Well developed decision making skills
- Technical Aptitude
- Strong team player with ability to build and maintain positive working relationships and demonstrate leadership qualities
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability and motivation to achieve a consistently high level of performance
- Minimum leaving certificate or equivalent grades with a third level qualification or aviation related apprenticeship
- Flying experience
British Airways announces Cadet Pilot ProgrammeBritish Airways today announced the opening of their 2017/18...
Aer Lingus launch biggest ever pilot recruitment driveAer Lingus have today launched their biggest ever pilot...
UK Airline Jet2.com announces major recruitment driveShare Leading leisure airline Jet2.com has announced a major...